Do you ever get home from work and think “ugh, now I have to cook dinner?!” Well here’s another winning easy, quick, and tasty weeknight recipe. I usually hate bottled teriyaki marinades, but Soy Vay’s Veri Veri Teriyaki’s a good one (with bits of garlic and sesame). Tofu your heart out!
Teriyaki Tofu Steaks
- Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade
- 1 block of Firm Tofu
- ~ ½ lb of ground up turkey (or chicken or beef)
- Oil for cooking
- 1 green onion or sliver of red bell pepper for garnish (optional)
- Cooked rice or chopped cabbage/lettuce (optional)
- Slice tofu block into steaks (see picture). Warm up 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in skillet until hot and gently place steaks on it. Tofu should be slightly brown before flipping over to the other side. Brown other side of tofu steaks as well. While you wait for this to happen, start Step 2.
- In another skillet or sauté pan, warm up ½ tablespoon of oil until hot. Add ground meat and sauté until meat is cooked through. Add Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce until meat is covered. Can add to taste.
- Now it’s time to plate. If desired, either plate rice OR cabbage/ lettuce at the base. Top with browned tofu steaks and top with the teriyaki meat. Garnish with green onions and red bell pepper. Time to chow down!